Monday, September 11, 2006

We built this city on monster ballads??

A funny thing happened this morning as I was taking the dogs for a walk. Well, lots of funny things, actually. There is a house being built at the top of my street and as the dogs and I are getting closer, we hear their radio. They are playing "More Than Words" by Extreme. Now that is funny, but the funniest part is the three Mexican's on the side of the house singing at the top of their lungs. I love this place!! But back to the dog walking. Cash had been doing very good until this morning. He likes to grab Ellie's leash in his mouth and walk her himself. She is usually pretty nice about it. Today he missed the leash and, instead, bit into her back side. Ellie went into her gremlin mode and attacked him and he started this yelping thing that he does. You'd think he learned his lesson, but he didn't. He gets up, takes off after her again and we all realize then that he is wrapped in his own leash and quickly hog-ties himself. Even Ellie was laughing. Cash brushed himself off and managed to walk Ellie all the way home. I can't wait to do it again tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! You put a smile on my face and a song in my heart--okay, George Strait and not Extreme-- on a day that might otherwise be full of sad memories!

Anonymous said...

Hey Bookie,

What do you mean Maggie is the only one that reads your blog!? You KNOW me and your mama are going to read it.

Anyway, I can't wait to sing along with the Latino singers!

You have to post a picture of Cash walking Ellie. That has got to be a great one. Y'all all looked so cute in the water. I didn't realize Ellie was a perro de agua too.

Love Daddy

Anonymous said...

I love the Blog! Cash and Ellie are adorable! ... and you and Bo too,... but I think you need a baby!!! =) Also, show me yo house!!!

JacksMom said...

What a life! Can I come live with y'all? Every day is full of fun and excitement! Just like a tv show!!!

Anyway, today was my last day Lafarge, so I'll be over to partake of the "Bickerstaff Fun" here soon!!